Saturday, July 4, 2009

I wanna film people laughing uncontrollably.

I'm thinking about what it takes to direct short films. See, I have two weeks of holidays ahead, half of that without my best mate. So, I think I'll try and get in some filming, of some real clips, not just showing off effects. But its so lonely trying to film these things myself, I'd get too bored. I need someone to help me film, but then you get the people who try to guilt you into making a movie with them. I've never even done something like this properly, and I have friends going "Oh, can I be in it? Pleeeease???" And I'm just thinking 'Jeez, what am I supposed to say? F*** off, I work better on my own?' because I'm not sure that I do.
Then you have the people who force themselves into everything. You'll have something special with one person, then *squuuuuuish!* someone else has squeezed into the picture and ruined everything, and they seem oblivious to the fact that neither of the people originally involved want them there. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure I've done it before too. Back in the days of having only two friends (I was never really popular XD), you kinda have to. It's that or be totally alone. But its different now, when you have a group of people and then one pair are trying to do something and someone from the rest of the group goes "Oh yeah, we should all do it!" and the pair just say "Yeah.. Something like that.." because they don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings.

But alas, I sign off now with a flourish and the phrase The show must go on!
(Probably won't talk for another few months, I'm not very good at this blogging thing ;D)

No comments:

Post a Comment